Lemonade is a classic and refreshing beverage that has been enjoyed for centuries. Its origins can be traced back to the Middle East and Egypt, where lemons were first cultivated. The sweet and tangy taste of lemonade soon spread across the Mediterranean and eventually reached Europe and America.
Listo lemons, known for their vibrant yellow color and juicy pulp, are particularly favored for making lemonade. Their high acidity and strong flavor make them perfect for creating a deliciously tart and refreshing drink.
- 6 Listo lemons, juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- For a sweeter lemonade, you can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste preference.
- To extract more juice from the lemons, roll them gently on a countertop before cutting and juicing.
- You can add a splash of sparkling water for a fizzy twist to your lemonade.
Step By Step Instructions
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add water to the pitcher and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate the lemonade for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Serve the lemonade over ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
Table Of Nutrition
Enjoy this refreshing and tangy homemade lemonade made using Listo lemons. It’s the perfect drink to quench your thirst on a hot summer day or to accompany any meal. Cheers!