Zucchini bread is a type of sweet bread made with grated zucchini. It gained popularity in the United States during the 1960s when home gardeners realized they had an abundance of zucchini and needed creative ways to use them. Zucchini bread quickly became a favorite, combining the natural sweetness of zucchini with warm spices and a moist texture.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Make sure to squeeze out excess moisture from the grated zucchini before adding it to the batter. This will prevent the bread from becoming too wet.
- You can add raisins or chocolate chips to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
- Serve the zucchini bread warm with a pat of butter for a delicious treat.
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
Table Of Nutrition
- Calories: 200 calories
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Enjoy this delicious and moist zucchini bread as a breakfast treat or a delightful snack. The combination of zucchini, warm spices, and crunchy walnuts will surely satisfy your taste buds. Share this recipe with your friends and family to spread the joy of homemade zucchini bread.