Tzatziki sauce is a traditional Greek sauce that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is believed to have originated in ancient Greece and was used as a condiment to accompany various dishes. The sauce is known for its refreshing and tangy flavor, which complements a wide range of Mediterranean and Greek cuisine. Tzatziki sauce has gained popularity worldwide and is now a staple in many households.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use Greek yogurt for a thicker and creamier texture.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber before grating to prevent excess water in the sauce.
- For a stronger garlic flavor, crush the minced garlic with the back of a knife before adding it to the sauce.
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice and dill according to your taste preferences.
- Allow the sauce to refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to enhance the flavors.
Step By Step Instructions
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic, chopped dill, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve chilled and enjoy with your favorite dishes!
Table Of Nutrition
- Calories: 60 calories
- Fat Content: 5 grams
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 grams
- Protein Content: 1 gram
Tzatziki sauce is a versatile and delicious condiment that adds a burst of flavor to any dish. Whether you’re using it as a dip for vegetables, a sauce for grilled meats, or a topping for gyros, this recipe for Tzatziki Sauce from Listo will surely impress your taste buds. Enjoy the refreshing combination of Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, and dill in every bite.