Zucchini bread is a popular sweet bread made with grated zucchini, giving it a moist texture and a hint of vegetable flavor. It originated in the United States and gained popularity during the 1960s and 1970s when there was an abundance of zucchini in home gardens. Today, zucchini bread is enjoyed all year round and is a great way to use up excess zucchini.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Make sure to grate the zucchini finely to ensure it blends well into the bread.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated zucchini before adding it to the batter.
- For added flavor, you can add a pinch of ground cloves or ginger to the dry ingredients.
- If you prefer a sweeter bread, you can increase the amount of sugar to 1 1/2 cups.
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the grated zucchini to the wet mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts or pecans if desired.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Table Of Nutrition
Note: Nutritional values may vary depending on the ingredients used and serving size.
|Serving Size||Calories||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Cholesterol||Sodium||Total Carbohydrate||Dietary Fiber||Sugars||Protein|
Zucchini bread is a delightful treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack. It is moist, flavorful, and a great way to incorporate vegetables into your diet. This easy recipe allows you to make a delicious loaf of zucchini bread that will surely be a hit with family and friends. Don’t hesitate to give it a try and savor the goodness of this classic bread.