Sugar cookies have been a beloved treat for centuries. Originating in the 1700s, these delectable cookies have evolved over time to become a staple in cookie jars around the world. The simplicity of the recipe and the ability to customize the cookies with various shapes and decorations have contributed to their enduring popularity.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Make sure the butter is softened at room temperature for easier creaming.
- Use high-quality butter for the best flavor.
- Sift the flour before measuring to ensure accurate proportions.
- Add a pinch of salt for enhanced flavor if desired.
- Customize the cookies by adding vanilla extract, lemon zest, or other flavorings.
Step By Step Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass or your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Table Of Nutrition
These 3 ingredient sugar cookies are quick and easy to make, yet they are incredibly delicious. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion, a holiday treat, or just for yourself, these cookies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy the simplicity and versatility of this classic sugar cookie recipe!